7.27.2005

Mommy and Madison Day



My brand new bouncing baby girl is about to start kindergarten. How did that happen so quickly? I realized this morning that in 19 days I will lose my 24/7 life with Madison forever. Sure, there are always the weekends and holidays, but it's time to say goodbye to all I've known in my journey with her. After a few tears (I'm allowed) I came up with a plan to spend some quality time with her today. We left instructions for Daddy, who unselfishly agreed to watch the daycare kids for me, and headed for Walmart to buy the rest of her school supplies, then we went to On The Border for lunch with Paw Paw, and finally to Star Nails where I got a pedicure and she got her nails done. She picked a pretty sparkling purple and had flowers painted on her thumbs with gems in the middle. We had an awesome day that I know I'll never forget. As we say goodbye to the "way things were" we will begin to seek out new adventures of life together.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you two girls had a perfect day. I can't believe she's going to be in kindergarten!! Seems like you were just pregnant with her.

She's oh so sassy with her sparkle polish and flowers-that's so Madison!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Memorable day and beautiful pictures. Transitioning through the "growing up" stages is unbelieveably wonderful, as each stage seems better than the last. It is also heartrending; there are some days when you just want to go back a stage or two. Just keep in mind on those heartrending days that forward progress is the way to grandchildren, and that's another experience that you just can't understand the beauty of until you get there.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Video code provided by
HotCodez.com