7.12.2005

PEACE


This week's core competency is peace so I've been trying to relate it to my life today. That, of course, is not hard since a true sense of peace, I believe, is a struggle for any human being. In my opinion, only when we dwell with God can we fully realize peace. For me staying connected to Him is a daily battle against my own sin nature.
Right now preparing for Max has been my focus. Not going into labor too soon, moving Abby and her things into Madison's room, cleaning and preparing the house for a newborn, and wondering if I'll know what in the world to do with a boy, are the constant thoughts that occupy my mind. My sleep patterns are crazy and when I do sleep my dreams are filled with anxiety. I know in my heart that no matter what gets done or doesn't on my list the days will continue and I won't fall off the face of the earth because of my short comings, but my mind, none-the-less, continues to dwell on my anxieties. So, my goal for today (one step at a time) is to meditate on the verse below and to remember that I'm not the one in control, even though I most often behave as if I am, and that the truly important things in life, aka God's plan, will be accomplished in spite of me. I will also dwell on the abundant blessings in my life and remember that time worrying is wasted time I could have been enjoying those blessings. AMEN!! :) Of course you know I have to include a picture of my most treasured blessings.

Peace
I am free from anxiety because things are right between God, myself and others.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Cindi,
It is interesting that you mentioned peace, because that is what the Lord has been showing me these past few weeks. I read a book that's tagline was "i am not but i know I AM." The author emphasized how our significance in life can only be found when we buy into the bigger story of God. It was after I was put in my place, and forced stillness up my life, that I have come to a place where I can dwell and meet with God.
Needless to say, these past few weeks have been the best of my life! May peace be with you as well in these times of turbulence.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Video code provided by
HotCodez.com