11.26.2005

A Thanksgiving to Remember





Thanksgiving Part I:

This Thanksgiving was great. Thursday morning Matt, my dad and my step-bro Patrick played in their annual Thankgiving open at a local golf course. They were all playing out of one bag, and apparently weren't dressed appropriately for this particular course which requires collared shirts, oh behave. I'm sure they really riled up the worker people, whatever they are called, because they sent some guy out on a cart to check on them. When they were leaving to go home after only six holes, because the turkey was ready, they heard the poor guy radio back, "the trio on hole six is leaving." I'm sure they thoroughly enjoyed the whole excursion! Meanwhile I spent the morning with the kids until it was time to head over to Dad's. I carefully put all of our goodies to take with us in the entry to make it easy to load the car and go. My stash included the pumpkin cheesecake, the swing, about five trips worth of scrapbooking stuff (really), two diaper bags and three children. I decided the best way to go was to load the kids last. After seeing Abby eyeing the pumkin cheesecake I sternly said, "Abby, DO NOT touch that cheesecake. It is for Paw Paw's house." she said okay and I was convinced I had made myself very clear. Ha. When I went back for my last item, the pumpkin cheesecake, I noticed a footprint imbeded in the aluminum foil on top. Hmmm, exactly the size of my mischevious little two-year-old. That little stinker...but I guess she did obeyed me...she didn't TOUCH the cheesecake. Why did I not think to get a picture of that?!? We actually had a very nice time at Paw Paw and Mamaw's house. Dinner was "delish" as usual and I got to scrapbook and watch the cowboy game at the same time, two of my most favorite things to do. However, I have found that as a mom of three I can't really concentrate on either of those things if someone is awake. Abby, of course, decided she didn't need her normal three hour nap and was up and at 'em by the second quarter. Oh well. Kristin, my step-sis, brought two of her volleyball kids with her from Oklahoma who kept both girls entertained. That was great!

Thanksgiving Part II:

This year, like last, I hosted Thanksgiving part II at my house on Saturday. I love to have family over and I actually do love to cook but I was sick on Friday and couldn't even get off the couch to clean or start preparations. For an OC person like me this wasn't looking good. My awesome step-bro Patrick and his friend Noel stepped up to help and took over the preparation of the pumpkin cheesecake (yes, I had to have it at both meals) and the cranberries & apples dish...soooooooooo awesome! They came by Friday night picked up the ingredients and recipes and made them both for me! Soooo great. My dad brought a fried turkey (Yummmmmmmy!) Mom brought the squash caserole (favorite) and drinks, Aunt Sue Sue (my sis) made an awesome vege salad, Maggie made a super apple pie and my hubby cleaned most of the house! All I had to do today was a little cleaning and prepare the corn casserole, garlic mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing and parmesean knots (rolls). With all of these wonderful people how could I not be the most Thankful person on the planet. So, to my loving family THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU!

As if this blog weren't already long enough here are a few photos of our fun day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Video code provided by
HotCodez.com