1.18.2006

Authority of the Bible

This week's core competency is...

Authority of the Bible
I believe the bible is the Word of God and has the right to command my belief and action.
All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16,17
Trusting in the bible was the beginning of having an authentic relationship with God for me. I needed to know if/why I believed the bible was truly God's Word before I could apply it's teachings. After attending an excellent bible class taught by an amazingly intellegent man from our church. I was able to conclude for my human, imperfect, gotta have tangible proof self that the bible is truly God's roadmap for my life. I can't even remember half of the way cool and interesting facts I learned about how we got the bible and the miraculous feats that allowed it to be the greatest selling book in the history of man. But now those aren't as important as they once were. Now my heart knows. It had to start with my brain and if that's the way you think too that's okay! God wants you to seek Him so that you know him intimately which means erasing your doubts about Him. (at least to the extent that is humanly possible). Somewhere in the bible a man once said, "Lord I believe, help me with my unbelief." Those words of truth inspire me to be real with God. To take my questions and insecurities to Him. There is so much I don't know or understand. But God can handle my questions. He isn't surprised by my doubts and He doesn't love me any less because of them. There is great comfort to know I can be completely honest and real with Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Video code provided by
HotCodez.com