2.03.2006

Giving Away My Faith

This week's core competency is...
Giving Away My Faith
I give away my faith to fulfill God's purposes.
Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
I love this verse because it reminds me that giving away my faith is not about being so "spiritual" that I share the gospel with every person I run into. It's about being sensitive to the holy spirit who is working in the hearts of people so that I know when to allow God to speak to them through me. He gives me the words. This may be by serving them, comforting them, praying for them, sharing my struggles with them, or yes, maybe even sharing the gospel. When I am in His word and intimate with Him through prayer, I am less selfish and ready to be used as a witness by Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Video code provided by
HotCodez.com