Madison's Idea of a Boyfriend
While Madison was going through all of her Valentine's after school last Tuesday she started naming the senders. Caleb, Jonathan, Mark and so on. I noticed that a great number of these were boys so I kiddingly asked her. Is so and so your boyfriend? She said, "No" (thank goodness because if she had said yes I don't know how I would have reacted...Mental note talk to other moms of kids her age and get advice in this area). Anyway, later that day Matt said something to her as well about having a boyfriend and she again denied it (shew) but said that Braylee and Caleb were boyfriend and girlfriend. When Matt asked her how she knew she said, "Because they look alike." Can I just be six-years-old for one day! Oh the innocence of children!!

1 Comments:
Hi, Cindi!
As promised, I'm leaving a message for you on your blog :o) and I figured this topic would be appropriate to respond to since Melia is Madison's age. You are, definitely, fortunate that she's not all about the boyfriend/girlfriend thing yet. Melia "claimed" her first boyfriend when she was 3...the lucky guy? Agent Cody Banks (aka Frankie Muniz). We went to see the movie "Agent Cody Banks" and I guess it was love at first sight...I don't know. :o) I think her most recent "crush" was Jesse McCartney. Her boy craziness truly does terrify me, but I know it's not going away. Miranda didn't start liking boys till just this past year!! So Trace and I just make it very clear to all 3 of our kids that it's graduate from high school, graduate from college, then marriage, then kids. I know I didn't give any "advice" about this issue, but that may be better discussed in person. Just thought I'd share my "boyfriend" story. :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home